Talking points rolls out bits of happenings in the whole wide world of sports.
• Harry Redknap quits Premier League outfit QPR due to a knee surgery, the former Hammers boss refuse sentiments of not being able to keep up with the late pressure surrounding the teams status but rather leaving for personal medical issues and Tim Sherwood is the favourite to replace him.
• Manchester United goes through after a replay 2-0 victory against Cambridge University, and Louis Van Gaal tips his side to win the FA Cup trophy. “I am not a casino man,” said Van Gaal after United’s victory over Cambridge. “I am not allowed
to bet. But I give you a tip. We have a real chance now.
“We are the highest qualified team in the FA Cup so our status is the highest club. But Arsenal is still in
the cup and also a very high competitor. Liverpool is
also there and will fight.”
•F1: Formula one testing is quite at day four and Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button in action. Nico Rosberg completes a massive 308 laps over two days.
• F1: stat- Kimi Raikkonen has won 20 times in his 213-race Formula 1 career and finished on the podium 77 times. Meanwhile, the 2007 champion believes Ferrari have made significant improvements to the car over the winter.
• Boxing: Carl Froch has vacated his IBF super-middleweight belt as he recovers from an elbow injury.
Fellow Briton James DeGale, 29, who was the mandatory challenger, will now fight for the vacant title.
• Copernicus Cup: Britain’s Jenny Meadows won the 800 metres at the Copernicus Cup indoor meeting in Poland.
The 2011 European indoor champion, 33, clocked a second sub two-minute time of the week, winning in
• Boxing: Mayweather denied Australian visa; Promoter Max Markson says an
appeal will be filed after authorities
denied boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr a visa for Australia.